STRUCTURAL EPOXY SYSTEM
It is a product of high adhesion, high water resistance and excellent mechanical properties such as strength and flexibility, which are stable for years.
Pure epoxy resin, liquid, suitable for layering with mats, mat, woven of various fibers (glass, carbon, kevlar) for the construction of parts or reinforcing structures with high mechanical strength, impregnation of wood (diluted with 50% thinner Ranked # 5 epoxy) and as anti-corrosion coating of metals (bulbs cast iron, light alloy parts, etc., prior to applying a coat of PRIMEPOX).
• Treatment against osmosis in fiberglass hulls and as a cure, after removing all the gel-coat defective, both as prevention by applying a gel coat over BARRIER apparently healthy, in order to increase water resistance.
• Corrosion-resistant coating of metals (bulbs cast iron, light alloy parts, etc). Best results are obtained if the coating is reinforced with a layer of a glass fabric from 250-300 gr/sqm.
• Bonding of various (in particular is great for wood-wood, wood and fiberglass. Timber - concrete).
• Layering with mats, mat, woven of various fibers (glass, carbon, kevlar) for the construction of parts or reinforcing structures with high mechanical strength.
• Filling and grout, mixed with microspheres (for filling huge) or MICROFIBERS glass (for added strength).
• Painting of wooden boats and the diluted BARRIER is absorbed by the pores of the surface layer of the wood and gives it water resistance and mechanical strength. It is suitable for both the hull for the topsides. It is even in the case of exceptional finish with varnish.
- COLOR: Transparent;
- SPECIFIC GRAVITY: 1:08 (after mixing the components A and B);
- MIXING RATIO: 1:1 in volume; 115:100 by weight (115 parts of A with 100 parts of B);
- POT LIFE: 45 min. about (mass of 200 grams at 20 °C);
- YIELD: 5-8 m²/l hands (thickness corresponding to 100-150 microns);
- DRY TO THE TOUCH: 8 hours at 20 °C;
- RECOAT: minimum of 8 hours, maximum 24 hours (above 20 °C reduced to 12-16 hours). For application after 24 hours, sand the surface;
- COATING SYSTEMS: spatula;
- THINNER: N°5. You can only dilute the first coat and only when applied on absorbent substrates such as wood or concrete;
- PACKAGING: 5 liters.